Captain Morse House Reservations Rates Booking Information
Minimum Stay Requirements
High Season: 4 nights
Off Season: 3 nights
Current Rates are under construction – We are changing to a new system.
Your rate will be quoted directly with you after we speak.
SPECIAL – JULY 15th TO 22nd – call me and make an offer
I can rent the back or front of the house for smaller groups so that you can save even more
Reservations, Rates and Booking Information
- All rates, terms, and availability are subject to change without notice. Your terms are confirmed only after a lease and payment have been received.
- To book send an email to us or fill out the contact form below with your full legal name (no initials), legal home address and cell phone number.
- Rates are based on an occupancy of 16 or less. We sleep 23 but may require a surcharge depending on the time of year. Typically each additional person is 3% of the weekly rent. Contact me for a detailed quote though as nothing is set in stone and all is negotiable.
- Guests are encouraged to book directly with us. The use of third parties such as Realtors, Travel Agents, Airbnb, VRBO, and HomeAway can result in added fees.
- The typical stay is one week. Long weekends in March, April, May, October, and November are around 2/3 of the weekly rate. Wedding parties in spring and fall will often take the property from Wednesday until Tuesday the following week. Send us your special request – Contact us.
- The security deposit is normally $3,000. Special events and wedding parties are subject to a higher deposit, typically $5,000 – more info.
- The estimated cleaning fee is $800. This includes all linens and all the beds made on arrival. This can increase depending on the amount of laundry.
- Pets are discouraged for the comfort and safety of all our tenants. You can read about just why we think your pet is better left at home Here.
- Reservations made within 90 days of the lease start date are subject to a tenant application and security reference checks.
- Check-in is at 3 pm and check-out is at 10 am on a Sunday. Special times can be accommodated only with advance notice.
- Check out our discussion of Affordability. We compare favorably with the local hotels.
- Sharing the cost of the house among friends? Check out my suggestions.
- Off-season Only – Here are our shared room rates.
- Travel Insurance – Now available for your rental – click here also see below Allianz and AIG Comparison websites – http://www.travelinsurance.com/ and https://www.squaremouth.com.
I grew up in the Captain Morse House with my parents and brother. Over the years I’ve made many updates to the rental home for the comfort of our guests while maintaining its history. We had a wonderful childhood full of sailing, fishing, tennis, and bike riding on Martha’s Vineyard. Our family has been coming to the Vineyard since 1955 and can assist the first time or seasoned Vineyard traveler. If you’d like to make a reservation or have any questions, please reach out to me directly via the form above.