Dear Prospective Guest:
Thank you very much for considering the Captain Morse House for your vacation on Martha’s Vineyard. This is a page with general information on how to reserve the house.
To reserve the Captain Morse House
Once you have your dates and wish to move forward with leasing the house I will need the following information.
- Lessor: The full name (no initials) of the person leasing the house
- Lessor’s legal address
- Home Phone
- Your Cellular Phone that will be used when your are at the Captain Morse House
- The Names, Emails and Cell Phones of the persons you want as House Captain or otherwise “in the loop” on the information about the house.
- Maximum number of guests that you will invite to the house during your stay.
- Any events where invited guests will be over and above the number of maximum number of guests above.
- If we have sent you a Tenant Application please fill it out and return it. All last minute and 3rd party rentals require a tenant application.
Once I receive your information I will prepare a lease for you to review which will be sent via a pdf.
If everything is in order after your review simply send me a signed copy of the lease and send in your first payment.
Payments are made directly to my bank and are generally made on this schedule:
1/3 with the lease, 1/3 180 days from start of lease and the final balance 90 days from the start of the lease.
Payments due must either be wired or mailed direct to our bank – do not send to Florida
- Payment Instructions in PDF format are here. Please send payments directly via wire or bank account.
Who will run the house?
This is a big house. With a large group it is important to have someone in charge. You can personally take all of the responsibility for the rental and guests questions during your stay. After all it is your security deposit. Some tenants choose to delegate this to one or more of their guests. We call this person the “House Captain”. The chief responsibility is reading the House Manual and assisting fellow guests during their visit with routine questions. Although I would encourage manual reading by everyone it is impractical to expect all guests, especially children, to read the manual . The House Captain should also be knowledgeable of technical matters.
To save the manual for easy access to a IPad or IPhone open the document in Safari or Chrome. Choose the Square Icon with the arrow going up. Select the Glasses Icon to add to Reading List. You will then have a copy of the manual you can access by clicking on the book and selecting the Glasses Search Icon.
From time to time I will send all our tenants email blasts with important information in order to not have to do individual emails. Make sure you view any newsletter from the captainmorsehouse.com and please set your spam filters to accept our emails. Please forward any pertinent information to your House Captain.
Let me know if you have any further questions and please feel free to call me anytime.