After 65 years we have put the Captain Morse House up for sale. This will mark only the 3rd time in the 180 year history of the house that it will change hands. The house is in perfect condition and fully equipped and furnished. It can be used as an elegant summer home or it can continue as a successful summer vacation rental. The price is 6.75 million. This represents a substantial discount from the 2019 price of 7.5 million
- For buyers, inquiries for sale can be made directly to Platt Johnson. Brokers protected.
- For renters, we are currently writing rentals for 2021. The show must go on until a buyer is found.
Renters: Act Now, this house may soon be unavailable as a vacation rental. This is a very special property. The fact that it is little changed with many original features and details only adds to its uniqueness. You cannot have a more authentic and meaningful vacation experience. Reserve your dates while this home is still available.
Why sell such an iconic house?
- 12 years of property rental management is a pretty good run. It is time to retire.
- The average ownership time period, coincidentally, appears to be around 65 years. Built by John O. Morse in 1840, then bought by the Dinsmore family at the turn of the century and then in 1955 by Norman Dudley Johnson.
- You never really own these historic houses. You just enjoy them until the next generation comes along.