The home features 11 bedrooms and 7 baths on three floors, a formal living room, and dining room, two family room/game rooms, and two new gourmet kitchens all tastefully decorated with period furnishings and artwork. The home has new central air-conditioning, heat and hot water systems and appliances. Outside you will enjoy 2 spacious porches with water views of Edgartown Harbor. Our backyard garden is one of the most spacious in Edgartown and features a bricked patio with seating for 10. Featuring a barbecue, croquet, and an outdoor shower. There is off street parking for three to four cars. We can accommodate up to 25 people, yet the house is gracious for a family as well and is regularly rented for people who want to spread out. For example, my family of 4 lived comfortably in the home from 1955 until 2007. The best bedrooms are located on the first and second floor and can accommodate 15 people. The loft in the back of the house and the 4 bedrooms on the 3rd floor add another 9 people.
Square Footage: The full house is 8,400 square feet or 750 square meters
If you add the two front porches you are almost at 9,000 square feet
We are committed to doing whatever we can to make your stay in our family home on Martha’s Vineyard a special one. We think that our house is the best in town and offers any visitor a truly unique and authentic island experience. Judging from our sellouts over the last 10-years of operation, our guests agree.
First Floor – 7 rooms and 2 baths
- Front Living Room with access to the front porch
- Family Room with TV and stereo
- Main Dining Room – seats 8
- Large Front Kitchen
- Back Galley Kitchen
- Back Living Room and Dining room area – seats 8
- Back bedroom with queen and en-suite bath near the garden. (Back Bedroom – 11)
Second Floor – 7 rooms and 4 baths
- Master – Queen bed off the front porch, fireplace, elevator (Master – 1)
- Two Twin beds off the front porch, fireplace (Cat Room – 2)
- Queen bed with fireplace (Dressing Room – 3)
- King bed or two twins (extra long) with fireplace (Middle – 4*)
- King bed or two twins (extra long) (Green – 5*)
- Twin bed with garden view – best for a child (Garden – 6)
- Loft with three bunks on the second floor (Bunk Room)
*can be made up as two twins or a king. There are 3 queen beds and two king beds. Bedroom 4 and 5 have extra long twin beds that are designed to make California Kings so if you have couples that want double beds you can accommodate five of them. Please specify in advance if you want them made up as kings.