Cancellation of your reservation
Anything can upset your carefully made travel plans. This is why we HIGHLY RECOMMEND the purchase of travel insurance. If you forgo the purchase of travel insurance you accept the entire financial risk and are 100% responsible for the rent as laid out in the contract.
Here is the relevant paragraph from our lease which controls all requests for the cancellation of a reservation. Please consult a copy of your lease:
To cancel the lease follow these steps:
- If you have not already done so consider purchasing travel insurance for your trip. Do this only if you want to protect yourself from a covered reason. This may protect your financial investment in your vacation.
- Ask about our insurance reimbursement policy to see if it would apply to you.
- Notify VCJ Property, LLC by certified mail or by email properly replied to by VCJ Property, LLC of your intent to cancel. Reference your Reservation Number in your notification.
- VCJ Property will then reply confirming that your reservation has been canceled. A new invoice including only the rent due (no security deposit, taxes, cleaning, etc.) will be sent to you.
- You will remain responsible for the difference between any new rent collected for your canceled reservation period and the rent listed on your lease.
- VCJ Property will open up the dates for your canceled reservation on our booking calendar. We will market the new vacancy to our mailing list, past clients, realtors and social media and partner websites.
- At our own discretion, we may lower the rent for the canceled week. If you want to reduce the rent for your canceled reservation you may do so at any time by using the same system in step one.
- We will keep you apprised every step of the way as we work to fill your canceled week. We are going to try as hard as we can to fill the vacancy and reduce your financial liability.
- If your plans change you can re-book at any time as long as their is availability.
- If you make a new reservation we may waive some or all of the 25% cancellation fee. There will be no cancellation fee for guests booking the same amount of rent later in the same calendar year.