SPECIAL COVID CANCELLATION POLICY
Effective for all new 2020 reservations written starting May 1st
Confidence in Booking
Rebooking or Refund if Landlord cannot deliver the leased premises or TENANT is unable to travel to the premises due to any governmental action.
Insurance can protect your vacation investment
- If you have not already done so consider purchasing travel insurance for your trip. Do this only if you want to protect yourself from a covered reason. This may protect your financial investment in your vacation.
- Ask about our insurance reimbursement policy to see if it would apply to you.
Cancellation of your reservation
Anything can upset your carefully made travel plans. This is why we HIGHLY RECOMMEND the purchase of travel insurance. If you forgo the purchase of travel insurance you accept the entire financial risk and are 100% responsible for the rent as laid out in the contract. Please consult a copy of your lease.
To cancel your lease follow these steps:
- Notify VCJ Property, LLC by certified mail or by email properly replied to by VCJ Property, LLC of your intent to cancel. Reference your Reservation Number in your notification.
- VCJ Property will then reply confirming that your reservation has been canceled. A new invoice including only the rent due (no security deposit, taxes, cleaning, etc.) will be sent to you.
How the process works:
- You will remain responsible for the difference between the rent listed on your lease and any new rent collected for your canceled reservation period.
- Reservations that cover a portion of your stay will be pro-rated at the discretion of VCJ Property, LLC.
- We will open up the dates for your canceled reservation on our booking calendar. We will market the new vacancy to our mailing list, past clients, realtors, and social media and partner websites.
- At our own discretion, we may lower the rent for the canceled week. If you want to pro-actively reduce the rent for your canceled reservation you may do so at any time by using the same system in step one.
- We will try as hard as we can to fill the vacancy and reduce your financial liability.
- If your plans change you can re-book your dates at any time as long as there is still availability.
- If you make a new future reservation we may waive the 25% cancellation fee.
- There will be no cancellation fee for guests booking the same amount of rent later in the same calendar year.